A black eye is mainly caused by a blow to your face. This kind of problem can lead to pain, swelling, blurry vision and headaches. It is a kind of bruising to the tissue surrounding your eyes.
Black eyes are caused by many reasons, including facelifts, nasal injuries, allergic reaction or jaw surgery.
A black eye can be treated in many ways, including some best home remedies. In case, your skin around the eyes is cut or when you have any symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or dizziness, you are recommended to consult the doctors immediately.
Following are top natural and effective home remedies for a black eye fast.
1. Ice Pack
When you have symptoms of a black eye, let’s think of ice pack first. Applying ice pack can help get rid of a black eye fast. Ice is able to ease the swelling and then constrict your blood vessels to alleviate internal bleeding as well as further bruising. In addition, it also accelerates the healing process.
How to apply:
- Prepare some ice cubes and wrap them in a cotton cloth
- Place it over your eyes and leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Perform the same process a few times per day in the first 48 hours
The treatment can reduce pain. You should not directly use ice over your eye. Apart from ice, you can apply frozen vegetables.
Also Read: Top 6 Very Simple Tips To Remove Pimples
2. Warm Compress
You can apply warm compress after two days of suffering from a black eye. This can aid in increasing the blood flow to those tissues around your eyes, hereby, speeding up the healing process.
How to apply:
- Soak a clean cloth into warm water and separate the excessive water
- Place the warm cloth on the black eyes till your cloth gets cool
- Perform the same process a few times per day
3. Vitamin C
Including some foods containing Vitamin C in your diet can play an important role in treating a black eye. Vitamin C-rich-foods can consist of guavas, peppers, lemons, broccoli, Indian gooseberries, oranges, and mangoes. Besides, vitamin C is good for thickening the walls of your blood vessels, accelerating the healing process.
Another option is to take the supplement of Vitamin C to provide your body with the recommended daily intake.
4. Pineapple and Papaya
The combination of pineapple and papaya is one of the best home treatments for eliminating a black eye. Both fruits are high in antioxidants that can accelerate the healing process causing discoloration of your skin.
Also, those fruits contain enzymes which can help soften and then healing the skin.
You can apply either of the following ways:
- Rub the pulp of those fruits around your affected area
- Alternatively, consume the fruit juices or eat those fruits
5. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is commonly applied for removing a black eye because it can act like a best healing agent for many other health problems. You can apply one of the following instructions.
How to apply:
- Dip a cotton pad in witch hazel and put it over the affected area for several minutes
- The treatment has a soothing property that can accelerate the healing process.
This infographic is Submitted or Reference by Authorityremedies.com
Best Ways to Treat Black Eye Fast