Are you tempted to snack from time to time? While it may satisfy your hunger pangs for a while, the lasting impact of the oily and unhealthy food can be an expensive bargain to strike. (Food Recipes).
You just need a healthy alternative and what better than corns and greens? This ‘Steamed Corn and Greens Popiah’ recipe is one such choice that you can make.
Tasty and easy to cook, this recipe by executive chef Swatantra Gautam, Azaya Beach Resort Goa, can be whipped up in no time to enjoy during romantic monsoon evenings.
Ingredients for Steamed Corn and Greens Popiah:
- 40g – Corn Kernels
- 150g – Shredded Spinach leaves
- 100g – Shredded Pakchoy leaves
- 20g – Chopped celery
- 2g – Black pepper
- 1g – Salt
- 2 nos – Rice paper sheet
- 15g – Jaggery
- 15ml – Lemon Juice
- 1g – Chopped red chili
- 5g – Chopped coriander root
- 2g – Chopped garlic
- 2g – Sugar
- 1g – Salt
- 40ml – Water
* Soak rice paper sheet in water for three minutes.
* Blanch corn, spinach and pakchoy for a while and drain all water.
* Mix rest of the ingredients to make a stuffing.
* Add the seasoning as per your taste.
* Mix all the ingredients for dressing.
* Make sure the jaggery is dissolved completely.
* Prepare a roll using rice paper sheet and stuffing.
* Steam the rolls for two minutes.
* Serve hot with the dressing.
Food Recipes: Steamed Corn and Greens Popiah