The magic potion, coconut oil is known for its amazing benefits for skin and hair. This multi-tasker can work more than just oiling hair. The Coconut oil is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties and Beauty Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Yes, according to the experts, Coconut oil is used in many natural beauty products, and for good reason: It’s naturally antibacterial and antifungal, coconut oil for skin is an excellent moisturizer, it can penetrate hair better than other oils, and, well, it smells like cookies.
10 Surprising Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
1. Skin Moisturizer
The oil is infused with fatty acids and Vitamin E, which makes it a good hydrating potion for your skin. Which means, it’s a skin savior for very dry skin and also helps to boost the hydration.
2. Lip Balm
Chapped lips don’t stand a chance against ultra-hydrating coconut oil. Scoop some into a spare contact lens holder and throw it in your purse so you can dab it on with your finger throughout the day. Feeling fancy? It’s easy to create your own pretty package. Start out with this plastic pot or this aluminum tin, both available on Amazon.com.
3. Remove Makeup
You don’t have to invest in expensive makeup removers when you have this oil at home. Be it liquid eyeliners or waterproof mascara, this oil can easily remove tough makeup. All you need to do is pour some on a cotton pad and swipe it gently instead of rubbing. This will help to remove stubborn makeup while nourishing skin.
4. Add Shine
Smooth a tiny amount of organic coconut oil onto the ends of your hair to add a little shine if you have dark hair. Remember that a dab will do you: Any more and your hair might appear greasy.
5. Fight Acne
The oil is known for its antibacterial properties, which can help to control skin acne. Loaded with fatty acids, this oil can help to kill the bacteria causing the zits.
6. Body oil
As a solid, coconut oil’s creamy texture makes it the perfect light moisturizer to slather all over. Apply a quarter-sized amount right after you get out of the shower so it can sink into your warm skin. The light tropical scent that lingers after it’s applied. Add in a few drops of peppermint or lavender oil for a massage mix.
7. Hair Mask
If you’re looking for a moisturizing hair mask, then turn to this oil for shiny locks. Massage this oil on your hair and keep it on for a few minutes. Let it stay for 20-30 minutes and wash it off with a gentle shampoo to get lustrous locks!
Also Read: How to Treat Your Skin Issues Using Garlic
8. Under-Eye Cream
The skin under your eyes is thin and delicate, making it prone to fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles. If you hate the idea of dropping big bucks on expensive eye cream, then sub in coconut oil. Just rub a pinch in between fingers to warm it up before putting it underneath your eyes.
9. Anti-Aging Benefits
The oil is infused with many anti-aging skincare products. It helps to boost collagen, making your skin healthy and youthful. As it penetrates deep into the skin, it helps to hydrate, rejuvenate and bring back the lost glow of the skin.
Also Read: 5 Useful Tips to Prevent Signs of Ageing
10. Cuticle softener
Get double duty from your new DIY coconut oil lip balm case and say goodbye to ragged cuticles. Using your finger, swipe a small amount of the oil onto each of your cuticles and allow it to sink in. The coconut oil will strengthen your nails and hydrate the delicate cuticle skin, making your hands look more youthful.
Other Beauty Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is strongly recommended for a number of other benefits that are explained below. Using this oil has been shown tohelp the following:
- Stress relief: Coconut oil is very soothing, and hence it helps in removing . Applying it to the head, followed by a gentle massage, helps eliminate mental fatigue. According to research, virgin coconut oil gives relief from stress and has antioxidant properties.
- Diabetes: Coconut oil helps in controlling blood sugar, and improves the secretion of . It also promotes the effective of blood , thereby, preventing and treating diabetes.
- Bones: As mentioned earlier, coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb important . These include calcium and magnesium, which are necessary for the of . Thus, it is very useful for women who are prone to osteoporosis after middle age.
- Boosts Energy: Coconut oil is often used by , and by those who are . The reason behind this is that it contains fewer than other oils, its fat content is easily converted into energy, and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. It helps boost energy and endurance and enhances the performance of athletes.
- Coconut oil and Alzheimer’s disease: The research conducted by Dr. Newport states that the oil is useful in treating ’s disease. Apart from this, there is no scientific evidence or traditional knowledge of coconut oil being used for treating Alzheimer’s. In fact, traditionally it wasn’t believed to boost the functioning of the in any form. The NIH has sponsored a study to check this claim.
Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
You May Also Like:-